Here lies my more serious side and personal reflections of my ongoing spiritual journey. Please read this page for more on why and what I write. Soli Deo gloria

Wednesday, 31 October 2007

Quotes: Prayer

I used to worry about falling asleep during prayer. Now, as a parent, I understand. What parent wouldn't want their child to fall asleep in her arms?

We must pray not first of all because it feels good or helps, but because God loves us and wants our attention. Henri Nouwen

When I pray, coincidences happen, when I don't, they don't. Archbishop William Temple

Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance, it is laying hold of His highest willingness. Archbishop Trench

The greatest tragedy in life is not unanswered prayer, but unoffered prayer. F.B.Meyer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome quote - who's it by?

James Edwards said...

All I know is that it's by someone called 'Susan'. It's in Prayer by Philip Yancey.