This sums up what I've been wanting and trying to do. Read it if you too want to be inspired to fill your mind with the truths that should rule our lives.
For example, in Psalm 103:1, we say, “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!” That is not a natural expression for many people. But if we memorize this and other emotional expressions from the Bible, and say them often, asking the Lord to make the emotion real in our hearts, we can actually grow into that emotion and expression. It will become part of who we are. We will be less emotionally crippled and more able to render proper praise and thanks to God.
1 comment:
Hi James,
I posted (http://chriskidd.co.uk/2007/12/28/bible-memorisation-tool/) a while ago on this issue and recommended www.BibleMemory.us, which emails you the verse each day and gets you to fill it in, slightly more each day until you have learnt it completely off by heart. I would thoroughly recommend it, and its free!
God bless,
Chris
Post a Comment