Here lies my more serious side and personal reflections of my ongoing spiritual journey. Please read this page for more on why and what I write. Soli Deo gloria

Monday, 19 November 2007

Encouragements: Open Mic And CU Houseparty

In the busiest week work-wise so far the CU decided to have their weekend away and begin Christianity Explored and our small group decided to host an open mic night too. Thanks to earlier thoughts and prayer I was more conscious of the need to get the balance right; problem being even though I feel I got the balance right and had fun and was encouraged the larger than usual weight of both seems to have bent and drained me. A good night sleep and beginning the week with a prayer meeting was definitely what was needed for a boost of energy.

Open Mic was fun, could have been better, could have been worse; could have been planned sooner but was still quite well attended. I had the privilege although the stress of performing a few songs as well as sharing a small part of my testimony. I also wrote a quick poem which was a reflection on just a small part of why I stand up for my faith; which isn't finished but is the previous post. On reflection we need to pray more together and be more enthusiastic about what we put on and why.

Houseparty was beautiful, four coaches of students going to Wales to seek God and share friendship was inspiring and impressive. The Exec and HPTeam I hope are blessed by their service and inspired by the fruits of their labour. I observed the great body of Christ in action in people I know (at least a little) and was inspired that students with little time can co-ordinate so much, so well. Compared to what I was used to in Church it seems to be done much more in faith and with the ability to strip the non-essentials away so that what is essential can be done and done well.

For safety and much fun I thank you. With the imparted wisdom and love you have blessed me with give me the courage and passion to express it to my friends. Give me the discipline to continue in the challenges that were addressed to my heart, and bless the new friendships that I share. That your love may be felt and your glory may be known in the hearts of believers and non-believers alike.

No comments: