Here lies my more serious side and personal reflections of my ongoing spiritual journey. Please read this page for more on why and what I write. Soli Deo gloria

Monday, 19 November 2007

Poems: Argue God

A poem of imagined discourse on the reality of morality for a Fresher Open-Mic Night.

Two at ends of 'endless' wits
of man can neither fathom nor,
at that moment comprehend,
the height of challenge they must ascend.

For both their minds, the size that if
enclosed in football would snugly fit.
and yet...
they reach and grasp at opposing ends,
to comprehend, what? "Science?" "No!
For this not the ends but just the means."

"So what is the ends? Where leads this means?
If to life, then the ends be death?
"
"Perhaps...
The ends is death, and also life,
the purpose and the reason for,
to comprehend them both;

and with them...
love, the mystery of; and of hate's persistent tail;
the fear of evil, love of good."
"If such sentiments prevail?"

" Of course they exist, they exist in me.
In my heart I love, from my gut I hate.
In this world I fear and in this life I will die.

And with my death does my love die too,
To feed the ground where my body lay?
And if by fortune that ground were to feed,
the growth and fruits of a common tree...

Then perhaps in a hundred years or so,
the 'atoms' that helped me love could grow,
into the core and seeds of fruit,
which when eaten would to the ground be thrown.

And if by fate in later year those
same 'love atoms' as we presume them so,
could induce a hate in another man.
Then it is nature, not us, that leads to and fro.

This is where I cannot agree,
that life is only what we understand or see.
Love does exist as I said in you,
in me, and though imperfect, it is there!

And so I search for more to life.
In God, in science, in living in faith.
And what I've found I can but begin to explain.
It is up to you to seek the same.
"

No comments: