Here lies my more serious side and personal reflections of my ongoing spiritual journey. Please read this page for more on why and what I write. Soli Deo gloria

Wednesday, 23 January 2008

Encouragements: 24-7 Prayer Tour

Some good friends and I went to an evening of prayer hosted by part of the 24-7 prayer charity and Malt Cross quite possibly my new favourite place in Nottingham.

Some thoughts of mine:
  • Simple worship bands are very effective.
  • We have been put here for such a time as this.
  • My room is what God has given me here at Nottingham, so I shall give it back to him in prayer.
  • There is a lot of exciting ecumenical stuff to get involved with in town.
  • Faithfulness can be the only good measure of sucessful service.
  • I need to see prayer as more necessary than the other 'more productive' spiritual disciplines and realise I can do nothing without it; without God.
  • I need to be ready for dangerous spirituality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I went to the 24/7 prayer evening at The Malt Cross too. I was googling for people's thoughts on it and thusly stumbled upon your diary!

Really hope that you're doing well, if you ever need any encouragement or want to pop along to my church etc. give me a shout.

My name is Enola and you can find me on Facebook as well as here: http://flufflbunny.tumblr.com