On top of that I've also been reminded of the wealth of good literature that I already posses. So instead of writing have had to take a step back and listen and learn through the words of others and try to live in a way that challenges, stretches and inspires me and look for the same in those around me.
Maybe then, on occasion, I'll have something small happen that I want to remember and record. This evening was I believe one such occasion, a small turning point for me and maybe a few of my church friends.
Today comes in what I can only presume the middle of a long and burdensome struggle of seeing the youth and children's work struggle to survive in my home Church. Without being able to do much myself I've noticed and prayed for those faithful friends of mine who have given their only free evenings and energy to serve these groups for years.
Last Sunday they shared with me an idea (I wouldn't go as far to say a plan) to serve and reach our local community. I know that in each of us it has come from an overwhelming desire that God has placed in us; to share the good news of who He is and what he has done.
So today we played some basketball followed by some football. That's pretty much all we did. Six of us played basket ball on our own; my side won. Then we challenged some of the lads on the court to a football match. We were considerably worse considering our age, but the teams were pretty fair and I scored a few goodens.
And apart from getting our car locked in the park for a while, it was all pretty much a walk in the park, quite uneventful. Four of us and about 15 other lads playing a good game of footie. Evangelism or not it was a lot of fun and a good bit of exercise; exercise which I needed.
My prayer is that God shows us how to honour Him it what we are doing and seeking to do and continues to enable and strengthen us to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment