Here lies my more serious side and personal reflections of my ongoing spiritual journey. Please read this page for more on why and what I write. Soli Deo gloria

Monday, 20 August 2007

Thoughts: Things To Do Before University

After a tiring weekend working at V festival I got home to open my results to find that I hadn't got what I needed to get into Nottingham only to open a UCAS letter two minutes later confirming my place at there; looks like they accepted me despite not getting an A (deservedly in knowledge of the little work that I did).

So now that I have a vague idea about my short term future I can finally begin planning for it properly. On the church front I'm more and more in the mind set that actually going to two churches at least for a while isn't just 'not a bad idea' but would actually be quite helpful. On the self development stage I'm most happy that my hall has a gym and has been voted the 'sexiest hall' for the 26th year in a row which will make it easier to keep fit and find nice studying locations.

But before all that I've realised how little I know about what I think I believe from the foundations of my faith to church history. After 34 hours of stewarding with a good friend at V festival I think my brain hurt more than my feet. As a theology student he shared a little of his experience and thoughts on a few of the subjects that baffled me and now baffle me more (with at least the knowledge of how vast they are to console me).

Let's just say I have a lot of research and searching to do, in many ways I feel lost yet still secure praise God. If anyone feels similar and have realised that what they believe is far deeper and intricate than you first thought, yet with it far more beautiful and promising, may you be encouraged but also motivated to dive more into the expanse of our Christian forefathers. Christian Classics Ethereal Library, TULIP @ Desiring God

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are some amazing books at the Christian classics website. Check out Orthodoxy - it's one of my all-time faves.