After deciding late Friday night to go Saturday lunch Jenny and I finally made it to Nottingham early Sunday morning after staying overnight with her aunt in Northampton where we also saw Evan Almighty which I highly recommend by the way. We visited The Christian Centre first at 9am where a number of lovely ladies made us very welcome and told us about the church and also about other Churches in the area including St Nick's but we slipped of early to check out the Trent Vineyard 10:30am service.
Trent Vineyard was as slick as I thought it would be with the addition of comfortable chairs including loads of plush leather sofas and a bar at the back. But if I do decide to come here may the decision not be influenced by these or the closeness to the uni or the larger student population although knowing I'm going there to study not to rebuild parts of a church it seems a place I could comfortably bring friends to. All in all a most Numinous Experience. And praise God for the times He speaks directly to peoples lives and circumstances through speakers like the one that morning; who shared his most personal and touching testimony and his struggle to grasp God as a father like character.
After an M&S lunch, a few ice creams and some browning of the skin in what was the hottest day this year, a stroll around the town centre and a visit to the Uni campus we headed for St Nick's instead of Cornerstone. The decision was made on a basis that for some reason the people at the CC and TV suggested it.
It was a much smaller congregation as expected but the service was great with loads of talented young people involved in the service. Everyone was friendly and invited us to the pub for drinks afterwards. I feel God led us to this church and after a little talking Jen ended up making contact with someone who is looking for volunteers like her for next year, only with prayer and follow up will we see if this is the right thing for her. But I am still unsure whether it is the right church for me to attend if I go Nottingham University for a number of reason however friendly they all were. It seemed we went there to try and sort out my future and it ended up being more productive for Jenny, which is much more exciting. My uncertainty remains and my prayer is still:
Lord, I am outstretched, I am ready to be sent to where I do not yet know. I am asking you not to inform me but to prepare me; not for great things but for faithfulness wherever I am and shall be.
No comments:
Post a Comment