Here lies my more serious side and personal reflections of my ongoing spiritual journey. Please read this page for more on why and what I write. Soli Deo gloria

Friday, 27 July 2007

Thoughts: Choosing A Church In Nottingham

How should I choose a Church in Nottingham? My first Church I was born into, and the second I was placed into through Viz-A-Viz Ministries where I worked.

I've done all the logical things I can do at the moment: checked the Church websites, made a spreadsheet of the service times, distances from uni etc and spent time in prayer.

Should I go with the flow and join a big church where I 'don't need' to be involved or a smaller church where I may be pushed into more than I should or can do?
Do I seek to join somewhere where I will grow the most or give the most or are these two intertwined?
Should I get more involved with the CU or a Church?
Should I get a job or spend more time volunteering?
Youth work or student projects?
Lord, I am outstretched, I am ready to be sent to where I do not yet know. I am asking you not to inform me but to prepare me; not for great things but for faithfulness wherever I am and shall be.

No comments: