I recommend reading through the book for anyone who is thinking on going to or helping run a CE course. It’s short and packed with the core message of the good news of Jesus. The author Rico Tice writes:
I was shocked when I discovered that my older brother George had become a Christian. I remember telling him in no uncertain terms exactly what I thought about God and everything connected with God. To his credit, George didn’t respond in kind. Instead he pointed me to a single sentence in the Bible, the very first sentence of Mark chapter 1: ‘The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the son of God.’ He explained that the word ‘gospel’ simply means ‘good news’. ‘Rico’, he said, ‘you don’t understand Christianity. You think it’s all about church, men in dresses, obeying rules and beautiful old buildings, but it’s not. It’s just good news. Good news about Jesus Christ.’
Be with us, O God, each Monday. Show yourself to be real to those who don't yet know you, help us grasp your love for us in our sinfulness. Help us grasp the passages that are before us. In your grace and through your compassion rescue our friends. Don't let our inadequacies get in the way of your love outworking, help us be faithful. For your glory and in the royal and precious name of Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment