Here lies my more serious side and personal reflections of my ongoing spiritual journey. Please read this page for more on why and what I write. Soli Deo gloria

Friday, 1 June 2007

Experiences

Although my live revolves around being a Christian and all that it entails. I regret to inform you that the word Jesus does not find its way into every sentence I speak or write. Life itself is important to me, both mine and that of those around me, and I want to remember as much as possible. Every experience is valuable, some to keep to avoid the same mistakes, others just to bring a smile.

I live to be the best I can be, as a Christian, as a student, as a youthworker, as a friend, as a leader, as a follower and as someone who knows they can make a difference, if only to a few.

If you're a painter, paint, but you don't have to have Jesus in every picture. Paint well, and if you paint well enough, they might ask you why you do that. - Slade from The Fray

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog. I hadn't heard that quote about the painter before. I remember years ago that the subject of "expressing your Christianity" came up, and the "best way" to show that you are a Christian. (Can you believe such a conversation? It seemed a little pretentious.) However, I liked what one person said about the best example of a Christian. She reminded us of a friend whom everyone loved, admired, and respected, but she didn't always go around talking about Jesus. People gravitated to her because of the love that she exuded to everyone. She didn't have to talk about Jesus, because his love just seemed to flow through her, and drew people to her.

That's when I decided that I wanted what she had.

Keep writing, and I'll keep cheering you on!

Deanne
inmylife-d.blogspot.com