Lack of planning
Simple one really, but I seem to work best if I plan my week and pretty much stick to it. With so many hobbies it's always easy to roll between them whenever I'm bored.
Lack of perspective
I have to remind myself that I've got work to do, even if the deadline is ages away. I must remember that if it doesn't get done now it WILL have to be done later. It seems that I'm always deluding myself to think that doing it later will be easier.
To remember that starting doesn't mean finishing
I've found that starting a project, or anything for that matter, isn't as hard as I keep telling myself. And actually once you've made those plans the rest falls into place a lot more effortlessly. Just because the project seems too big for the next hour where I'm free shouldn't stop me from maybe doing some research or thinking up a title and introduction. Set up progressive targets with a spread of deadlines to make it easier to stay on schedule.
Attitude And Discipline
Again quite simple, just get down to doing it. Maybe find someone else to study with or get someone you can trust to check up on you now and then. I also seem to forget that actually I often enjoy getting on with work and it’s only when there’s too much to do in a short time, say for example when I’m trying to cram a years worth of study into 3 days, when I’ve found it’s not pleasant.
Note to self: Don’t work too hard either. Always have a day off a week and realise that I don’t just exist as a workhorse.
On another note I'm looking forward to finishing 2 Corinthians after I've written this. Studying the two letters together in more depth has put many of my favourite verses into perspective and made them even more favourite. I think now though I'm going to have to start memorising more scripture, not for anyone else but simply my own encouragement. Maybe I'll begin with stuff in blue and yellow rather then green.
No comments:
Post a Comment