Here lies my more serious side and personal reflections of my ongoing spiritual journey. Please read this page for more on why and what I write. Soli Deo gloria

Thursday, 28 June 2007

Experiences: Back in Malaysia 1

It’s been a week now and my family left for Australia yesterday so for the next 4 days I’m staying with uncles and cousins just outside Kuala Lumpur. Anyway, more so I can remember, here’s a quick overview of what's happened so far:

Day 1 – A lot of traveling, in flight movies and reading followed by late dinner with Uncle Wai Hong and Auntie Fong Ang, traveling out the city to pick up Uncle Henry (who I am now staying with) and sleep in a hotel just next to the Twin Towers.

Day 2 – Slept till gone 12, shopping in KLCC, eating, shopping, more eating and more shopping in the market.

Day 3 – Church with Auntie Fong Ang which was great with fantastically choreographed tambourine dancing up front and some older members of the congregation blowing horns during worship, new believers and a sense that I am part of such a wonderful and diverse world church. Then we visited uncle and aunties laundry shop and of course more eating and afterwards a trip back to the market where you can get cheep, cheep fakes of almost anything.

Day 4 – Early start traveling out to Ipoh to pick up Auntie Yuet Ping and have lunch with mum’s best friend from school. Again more high cholesterol traditional Chinese food, a quick visit to where my mum grew up, lived and worked and finally more traveling; this time to a resort facing Pangkor Island called Swiss Garden International Spas which was little short of a hidden paradise.

Day 5 – I guess the drivers needed some extra sleep so we didn’t do too much till gone midday. Did I mention that the driving culture here seems to be a balanced mixture of destruction derby and slalom skiing with the frequent acrobatics of 4 or 5 people balancing on a single small motorbike? Needles to say my prayer life has remained active. A bit of swimming and tanning/burning followed by lunch and a boat trip out to Pangkor Island where we had a brief tour of the island followed by a stop off at a beach with one of the most astounding surroundings.

Day 6 – We finally got a chance to explore the hotel pools and beach but had to rush off to drop off Auntie Yuet Ping and get to KL in time for my family to catch their flight to Australia. I had plenty more time to continue reading “The Goldilocks Enigma” which is a very geeky get interesting science book by Paul Davies. After waving goodbye to mummy and daddy and meeting up with more distant relatives we hit the local Night Market.

Day 7 - Today

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great picture:) your camera is really good.

Eu-Earn