Here lies my more serious side and personal reflections of my ongoing spiritual journey. Please read this page for more on why and what I write. Soli Deo gloria

Tuesday, 3 July 2007

Experiences: Back in Malaysia 3

Here are some of my questions and thoughts from my time away:

Why are there China Towns in Chinese countries when every town is Chinese anyway?
Why do we think of market owners that up their prices as bad guys when we haggle and argue to save the cost equivalent of a glass of Champagne at the expense of their basic living needs?
Why did I even think about watching the movie 'Ghost Rider' on the flight home? And do I really look anything like Nicolas Cage?
How important is extended family nowadays; did it become less important than what it was in the past or have we just forgotten how important it should be?
What should be my exact attitude towards and involvement in the growing clubbing culture as I plan to go to university?

I realise I want to keep in contact with my cousins and my uncles and aunties a lot more and possibly organise a reunion for my 26 cousins and 2nd cousins on my mother's side in 5 or so years.
I realise how difficult it can be to be married to a Non-Christian, where as you grow in faith your partner can still becomes accustom and unaffected by your beliefs and only agrees to come to Church occasionally out of faithfulness to you not and a desire to discover truth.
I realise just how well off I am materialistically and see more of just how blessed I am in a many number of ways.
I realise that I can be strong enough to resist peer pressure to get drunk or to do what I don't want to do, but also how easy it is to give in. In addition to that in being there we can be a support to those who find it difficult to do the same.
I realise just how many white shirts I actually own and like wearing far too often.

No comments: