Here lies my more serious side and personal reflections of my ongoing spiritual journey. Please read this page for more on why and what I write. Soli Deo gloria

Monday, 30 July 2007

Lessons: Job 28

After contemplating my old baptism verse yesterday; reading Job today and particularly chapter 28 resonated very much with the intertwining of the fear and knowledge of God.

There written is an illustration of mining for precious gems and the question of where wisdom can be found. It speaks of how 'Only a rumor of it has reached our ears.' and beautifully depicts the God of creation as being the God of wisdom too. It then says:
The fear of the Lord - that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding.

From this book I am more and more persuaded how little I know but how I should rely on God's sovereignty. How Jesus suffering shows that being righteous doesn't mean you are exempt from suffering. Who are we to question God? To view His wisdom in the light of our own is sheer arrogance.

No comments: