skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Quotes: C.S. Lewis
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling 'darkness' on the wall of his cell
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
If you read history you will find out that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next.
On the whole, God's love for us is a much safer subject to think about than our love for Him.
The essence of request, as distinct from compulsion, is that it may or may not be granted. And if an infinitely wise Being listens to the requests of finite and foolish creatures, of course He will sometimes grant and sometimes refuse them. Invariable 'success' in prayer would not prove the Christian doctrine at all. It would not prove the Christian doctrine at all. It would prove something much more like magic.
It is not unreasonable for a headmaster to say, 'Such and such things you may do according to the fixed rules of the school. But such and such other things are too dangerous to be left to general rules. If you want to do them you must come and make a request and talk over the whole matter with me in my study. And then - we'll see.'
No comments:
Post a Comment