Here lies my more serious side and personal reflections of my ongoing spiritual journey. Please read this page for more on why and what I write. Soli Deo gloria

Monday, 16 July 2007

Experiences: 'Only one'

Monday cell group was a bit thin on the grounds tonight, I knew a few were away but was still expecting two or three, not one. What to do, we obviously weren't going to do a group study through 1 John which was prepared. But what's wrong with that? Is having the attitude of 'Only one' the right way to think? This time, anyway, we just chatted and watched TV till her dad came shortly after to pick her up.

It would be great if there were a way of mentoring young people one-to-one without being hindered by child protection protocol; as needed as it is. Actually I think it already exists. Some like to call it friendship and I look forward to the possibility of being informally involved in signposting the way to Christ as a friend not as a 'youth worker' to older and younger alike.

May I also point out that I, as probably do you, hang out with friends on an individual basis all the time and I find they are always the most personal and most honest moments we share. I love the idea of sharing my faith in these moments without the sub context of being paid for it.

Recomended Book: One-To-One by Sophie De Witt

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi James, hope all is well up in Nottingham. We still need to do a swap, I have a copy of the Youthwork CDs, and you have some of my books, including that one on loan. Would be great to catch up with you and hear how stuff has been going? Drop me an email.

Chris