Here lies my more serious side and personal reflections of my ongoing spiritual journey. Please read this page for more on why and what I write. Soli Deo gloria

Monday, 23 July 2007

Struggles: Momentum Prayer Room

It's the 4th day at Momentum and there is much to be encouraged by; thousands of worshipers with their hands raised in worship and such like. Yet I couldn't help thinking how many duel lives there seem to be here as I sat in the almost empty prayer room. The thought keeps coming back every time I see litter drifting past me and there's only so much I'm willing to pick up. It's everywhere and more is dropped within a minute of the main worship meetings finishing. How can we clean up the world when we can't even take responsibility for our own litter?
Where are your people O God; Abba where are my older brothers and sisters? Are they so few? My pride calls me to a want of earthly recognition but my heart is hurting for all these here and others do do so much more than I ever could that you may be glorified all the more.

I seems like so much skin deep faith, not even touching the hearts of those that possess it yet spurring them to jump and scream in song worship. In a festival littered with take away boxes and drink bottles seems to me to also be littered with unrepeated lifestyles and 'unmaturing' faith.

As I sit int the almost empty prayer room called 'The Furnace' I can only cry out to God how cold I feel here.

No comments: